Zoom Workshop: Painting Reflections
December 17 @ 9:00 am - December 18 @ 12:30 pm$90
Painters are sort of like magicians, creating 3-dimensional illusions onto 2-dimensional surfaces. One of the most fascinating illusions in paint is the reflective surfaces of things.
Reflections are everywhere and often add interesting elements to the scenes in front of us: on lakes, in windows, on tables, in mirrors, on lots of shiny bowls and objects.
Painting reflections – just like painting landscapes or anything else – involves using techniques of value and color. It’s a good opportunity to hone those skills and at the same time to create paintings that are unique and appealing.
Here’s the idea:
– The workshop will take place on two consecutive days, 3 1/2 hours each day for a total of 7 hours.
– The dates are Thursday, December 17th and Friday, December 18th, 9:00-12:30 on both days.
– We’ll paint from our own photos (or still life set-ups). Get creative!
– I’ll be painting with gouache. You can paint with whatever medium works well in your home.
– We’ll paint on small surfaces so that we can complete the painting during the two-day workshop.
– The first day will be spent developing a value sketch of our subject to focus on the value relationships in the scene. I’ll demonstrate to start us off.
– The second day I’ll demonstrate my process for developing the painting. Then you all can begin working on your paintings and I’ll be able to go around (on the video conference) and review everyone’s work, answer questions, make suggestions, and generally assist on a step by step basis.
– You can join the Zoom workshop on your laptop, desktop or iPad. A link to connect you to the workshop will be sent a few days prior to the workshop.
– A materials list will be sent to you as soon as you register to make sure you have time to buy any needed supplies online prior to the workshop.
– The workshop will be limited to 9 students.
– The cost of the workshop is $90 for the two days. This amount is refundable in full up to 3 days prior to the workshop; after that the registration fee is non-refundable.
REGISTRATION is a two step process.
1) Send me an email and let me know you’re planning to register so I can put your name on the list. 2) Send me your payment on either PayPal (pay to email@example.com), Venmo (pay to @Bruce-Katz-9) or by check. I’ll send you my address if you need it. Once I receive your payment you’ll be registered and I will send you a materials list.