- This event has passed.
Zoom Workshop: “A View Through the Window”
November 19 @ 9:00 am - November 20 @ 12:30 pm$90
Looking through our windows – whether they’re the windows in our homes, studios or cars or whether we’re looking into them or out of them – is one of the ways we see the world around us. Let’s express that in paint!
Painting scenes through our windows – just like painting landscapes or anything else – is about creating the illusion of space and that involves using the techniques of perspective, value and color. Painting the views through our windows is a great opportunity to hone those skills and at the same time to create paintings that are unique and appealing.
Here’s the idea:
– The workshop will take place on two consecutive days, 3 1/2 hours each day for a total of 7 hours.
– The dates are Thursday, November 19th and Friday, November 20th, 9:00-12:30 on both days.
– We’ll paint from our own photos – a view out the window with a part of the wall or room with the window in it…a view looking in, a view through the car windshield…you decide. Get creative!
– I’ll be painting with gouache. You can paint with whatever media works well in your home.
– We’ll paint on small surfaces so that we can complete the painting during the two-day workshop.
– The first day will be spent developing a pencil sketch of our subject to focus on the value relationships in the scene. I’ll demonstrate to start us off.
– The second day I’ll demonstrate my process for developing the painting. Then you all can begin working on your paintings and I’ll be able to go around (on the video conference) and review everyone’s work, answer questions, make suggestions, and generally assist on a step by step basis.
– You can join the workshop on your laptop, desktop or iPad. A link to connect you to the workshop on Zoom will be sent a few days prior to the workshop.
– A materials list will be sent to you as soon as you register to make sure you have time to buy any needed supplies online prior to the workshop.
– The cost of the workshop is $90 for the two days. This amount is refundable in full up to 3 days prior to the workshop; after that the registration fee is non-refundable.
REGISTRATION is a two step process.
1) Send me an email and let me know you’re planning to register so I can put your name on the list. 2) Send me your payment on either PayPal (pay to firstname.lastname@example.org), Venmo (pay to @Bruce-Katz-9) or by check. I’ll send you my address if you need it. Once I receive your payment you’ll be registered and I will send you a materials list.