- This event has passed.
Still Life Workshop: Bon Appetít!
March 4 @ 9:00 am - March 5 @ 1:00 pm$100
What’s your favorite food? I’ve got many, but one is definitely peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. I think that’s what I’ll paint (again) in this next workshop.
Let’s set up our favorite food(s) on our tables at home, put a spot light on them and paint them from life in this workshop.
Think Wayne Thiebaud or Duane Keiser or Julian Merrow-Smith or Van Gogh or even Andy Warhol. (But your still life doesn’t have to be inspired by any artist in particular.)
Think coffee & donuts or tea with toast & jam or tacos or pasta with meatballs & tomato sauce or cheeseburgers & fries or Chinese food in take-out containers or pizza or oysters or a martini with olives, etc., etc. Getting hungry? The choices are endless!
Let’s have fun and at the same time focus on values and color, which will help us create dimension, realism and a great design.
Still Life: Bon Appetít!
Thursday March 4th and Friday, March 5th, 2021
9:00 to 1:00 (Pacific Time) both days
On Zoom from the comfort of your own home!
In this workshop you’ll choose the food and create a still life on your studio or home table. Then we’ll sketch and paint!
Here’s the idea:
– The workshop will take place on two consecutive days, 4 hours each day for a total of 8 hours.
– The first day will be spent developing a small grayscale study before we begin to block in our paintings. I’ll demonstrate to start us off on both.
– The second day you’ll continue to work on your paintings and I’ll do a quick demonstration how to go from block in to finished painting. As we progress I’ll be able to review everyone’s work, answer questions, make suggestions, etc.
– I’ll be painting in gouache. You can paint with whatever medium you prefer.
– We’ll be doing very small value sketches (approx. 4″ or 5″) and our paintings on relatively small surfaces too (approx. 5×7″, 6×8″, 8×10″ or 9×12″) so that we can mostly complete everything during the two-day workshop.
– You can join the Zoom workshop on your laptop, desktop or iPad.
– A materials list will be sent to you as soon as you register.
– I’ve raised the price of the workshop from $90 to $100 to give everyone a little more time to develop your paintings. I’ve noticed that most people need more time than we’ve had to both ask questions and finish their paintings.
This amount will be fully refundable up to 3 days prior to the workshop; after that the registration fee is non-refundable.
** Please note that this month I won’t be adding a second workshop so if you’re interested let me know ASAP as the workshops often fill up quickly.
REGISTRATION is a two step process:
1) Send me an email and let me know you’re planning to register so I can put your name on the list.
2) Send me your payment on either PayPal (pay to firstname.lastname@example.org) or Venmo (pay to @Bruce-Katz-9) or by check. I’ll send you my address if you need it.