- This event has passed.
Three Objects on the Table – A Still Life Painting Workshop on Zoom
February 10 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$135
Let’s put three objects on our tables: something shiny (reflective, polished), something clear (transparent, translucent) and something organic (a flower(s) or food(s). Let’s arrange these objects into compelling compositions and then render them in paint with a limited palette. Sound like fun? Please join me! Sound challenging? All the better!
Objects on the Table – Still Life Painting Workshop
Thursday, February 10th, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm on Zoom
Here’s the idea:
- The workshop will consist of two 3-hour parts with an hour lunch break from 12:00-1:00.
- The longer schedule will give us time to focus with more depth on the key elements of still life: composition, drawing, value, and color.
- The first part of the day will be spent developing our compositions, drawing them in and doing a value sketch (in ink marker).
- The second part of the day will be spent developing our full color paint sketches, using a limited color palette.
- As we progress I’ll be able to review everyone’s work, answer questions, make suggestions, etc.
- Let’s all paint on paper, using whatever medium you prefer (including oil paints).
- We’ll be working with small formats (8×10″ or smaller) so that we can complete our sketches and focus more on the process than the final product).
- You can join the Zoom workshop on your laptop, desktop or iPad.
- A materials list – and more details about the process – will be sent to you as soon as you register.
The cost is $135 to reflect the length of the workshop. This amount will be fully refundable up to 3 days prior to the workshop; after that the registration fee is non-refundable.
Please feel free to email me any questions you have to email@example.com
REGISTRATION is a two step process:
1) Send me an email and let me know you’re planning to register so I can put your name on the list.
2) Send me your payment on either PayPal (pay to firstname.lastname@example.org) or Venmo (pay to @Bruce-Katz-9) or by check. I’ll send you my address if you need it.