Let’s paint more objects on the table in April (different ones this time from what we did in February) and continue to practice creating captivating compositions and designs. Let’s sketch these compositions in black & white (value study) and then render them in paint with a limited palette. Sound like fun? Please join me! Sound challenging? All the better!
Still Life Painting Workshop
“Objects on the Table:
Paper, a Box, a Bowl and Something Round”
Thursday, April 21st, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm on Zoom
Some examples for the objects are:
- Paper: a letter, an envelope, a book, a card, etc.
- Box: made of cardboard, tin, wood, or other.
- Bowl: made of ceramic, glass, wood or other.
- Something Round: an apple, a rubber ball, an egg, a stone, etc.
- And for Extra Credit: put fabric on the table and show some folds!
Here’s the idea:
- The workshop will consist of two 3-hour parts with an hour lunch break from 12:00-1:00.
- The longer schedule will give us time to focus with more depth on the key elements of still life: composition, drawing, value, and color.
- The first part of the day will be spent developing our compositions, drawing them in and doing a value sketch (in ink marker).
- The second part of the day will be spent developing our full color paint sketches, using a limited color palette.
- As we progress I’ll be able to review everyone’s work, answer questions, make suggestions, etc.
- Let’s all paint on paper, using whatever medium you prefer (including oil paints).
- We’ll be working with small formats (8×10″ or smaller) so that we can complete our sketches and focus more on the process than the final product).
- You can join the Zoom workshop on your laptop, desktop or iPad.
- A materials list – and more details about the process – will be sent to you as soon as you register.
The cost is $135. This amount will be fully refundable up to 3 days prior to the workshop; after that the registration fee is non-refundable.
Please feel free to email me any questions you have to email@example.com
REGISTRATION is a two step process:
1) Send me an email and let me know you’re planning to register so I can put your name on the list.
2) Send me your payment on either PayPal (pay to firstname.lastname@example.org) or Venmo (pay to @Bruce-Katz-9) or by check. I’ll send you my address if you need it.