- This event has passed.
Still Life Workshop: Painting the Everyday Chair
August 4 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$135
Let’s focus on an object we use everyday and is often challenging to render: the simple and ubiquitous chair. Rendering chairs involves close observation and perspective drawing so they’ll sit convincingly on the floor surface. While that in itself is reason enough to practice drawing them, they also can make interesting painting compositions because of their unique shapes and perhaps also because of their symbolic nature as part of our everyday lives and homes. Let’s continue to practice creating captivating compositions and designs, using chairs – and something placed on them – as our subjects. Sound like fun? Please join me! Sound challenging? All the better!
Still Life Painting Workshop
“The Common – or not so common – Chair”:
Thursday, August 4th, 2022
9:00 am – 4:00 pm on Zoom (with space for 4 students in my studio)
Here’s the idea:
- The workshop will consist of two 3-hour parts with an hour lunch break from 12:00-1:00.
- This schedule will give us time to focus in depth on the key elements of still life: composition, drawing, value, and color.
- The first part of the day will be spent developing our compositions, drawing them in and doing a value sketch (in ink marker).
- The second part of the day will be spent developing our full color paintings, using a limited color palette (for practice in color mixing).
- As we progress we’ll all be able to share our work and learn from each other by discussing questions, concerns and ideas.
- You can join the Zoom workshop on your laptop, desktop or iPad.
- A materials list – and more details about the process and setting up the subject – will be sent to you as soon as you register.
The cost is $135. This amount will be fully refundable up to 3 days prior to the workshop; after that the registration fee is non-refundable.
Please feel free to email me any questions you have to email@example.com
REGISTRATION is a two step process:
1) Send me an email and let me know you’re planning to register so I can put your name on the list.
2) Send me your payment on either PayPal (pay to firstname.lastname@example.org) or Venmo (pay to @Bruce-Katz-9) or by check. I’ll send you my address if you need it.