- This event has passed.
At Home Gouache Video Conference Workshop
April 30 @ 9:30 am - May 1 @ 12:00 pm$80
Welcome painters! Here’s the idea:
– The workshop will take place on two consecutive days, 2 1/2 hours each day for a total of 5 hours.
– The dates are Thursday, April 30th 9:00-noon and Friday, May 1st, 9:00-noon.
– I’ll be painting with gouache and/or watercolor. You can paint with whatever media works well in your home.
– We’ll use our own photos for the subjects. Choose a photo you like put it on your iPad. Load the Jackson’s Art Grid app onto your tablet. I’ll show you how to use it and load your photo onto it during class. The app makes the drawing go much quicker – a handy tool! Try to pick a photo with some large shapes/structures in it and with strong light and dark values. It can be a landscape, cityscape, interior, people, or whatever you’d like. If you can choose a photo with an interesting and dramatic subject. That will give you a painting that is interesting and dramatic!
– I’ll demonstrate to start us off. Then I’ll help get everyone set up for drawing and then painting. You’ll work on your paintings and I’ll be able to go around (on the video conference) and review everyone’s work, helping everyone on a step by step basis throughout the workshop. At the end of each day we’ll each present our work for a collective critique.
– We’ll focus on both the color and the value in these paintings.
– You can join the workshop on your laptop, desktop or iPad. It should be a different device from the one your photo will be on.
– The time of the workshops will be from 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 pm on both days.
– A materials list will be sent to you as soon as you register to make sure you have time to buy any needed supplies online prior to the workshop.
– The cost of workshop is $80 for the two days. This amount is refundable in full up to 1 week prior to the workshop; after that the registration fee is non-refundable.
REGISTRATION is a two step process. 1) Send me an email and let me know you’re planning to register so I can put your name on the list. 2) Send me your payment on either PayPal (pay to email@example.com) or by check. I’ll send you my address if you let me know you need it. Once I receive your payment you’ll be registered and I will send you a materials list.