- This event has passed.
Zoom Workshop: Creating Space – Painting Interiors
August 27 @ 9:00 am - August 28 @ 12:00 pm$80
Painting interior scenes – just like painting landscapes or anything else – is about creating the illusion of space and that involves using the techniques of perspective, value and color. Painting interiors is a great opportunity to hone those skills and at the same time to create paintings that are unique and appealing.
Here’s the idea:
– The workshop will take place on two consecutive days, 3 hours each day for a total of 6 hours.
– The dates are Thursday, August 27thth and Friday, August 28th, 9:00-noon both days.
– We’ll paint from our own photos of interiors – a room in your house, perhaps, a restaurant scene, a museum scene, etc.
– I’ll be painting with gouache. You can paint with whatever media works well in your home, though I encourage you all to try or continue to practice in this medium, which is so well suited for painting at home and for traveling.
– We’ll paint on small surfaces so that we can complete the painting during the two-day workshop.
– I’ll demonstrate to start us off, showing you my process for developing the painting. Then you all can begin working on your paintings and I’ll be able to go around (on the video conference) and review everyone’s work, answer questions, make suggestions, and generally assist on a step by step basis throughout the workshop.
– We’ll focus on both the perspective drawing, color and value in these paintings.
– You can join the workshop on your laptop, desktop or iPad. A link to connect you to the workshop on Zoom will be sent a few days prior to the workshop.
– A materials list will be sent to you as soon as you register to make sure you have time to buy any needed supplies online prior to the workshop.
– The cost of the workshop is $80 for the two days. This amount is refundable in full up to 3 days prior to the workshop; after that the registration fee is non-refundable.
REGISTRATION is a two step process.
1) Send me an email and let me know you’re planning to register so I can put your name on the list. 2) Send me your payment on either PayPal (pay to email@example.com), Venmo (pay to @Bruce-Katz-9) or by check. I’ll send you my address if you need it. Once I receive your payment you’ll be registered and I will send you a materials list.