- This event has passed.
Let’s Paint Flowers – Gouache Workshop
July 9, 2020 @ 8:00 am - July 10, 2020 @ 5:00 pm$80
It’s summer…let’s paint flowers! Many of you have told me that you’d love to paint flowers but find it challenging. Let’s break down the process for painting them into bite sized steps to end up with satisfying paintings you’ll feel proud of. Hint: it’s all about shapes, values and color!
Here’s the idea:
– The workshop will take place on two consecutive days, 3 hours each day for a total of 6 hours.
– The dates are Thursday, July 9th and Friday, July 10th, 9:00-noon both days.
– You’ll need at least one flower per day and a glass or jar of water to put it in. Pick the flowers from your garden, from the park or along your walk (I won’t tell your neighbor 😉 One, two or three flowers in a glass can make a lovely composition.
– You’ll also need a light source that can create some light and shadows on your subject and perhaps some cast shadows too. Then, how about a pretty tablecloth to add some color to the scene?
– I’ll be painting with gouache. You can paint with whatever media works well in your home, though I encourage you all to try or continue to practice in this medium, which is so well suited for painting at home and for traveling.
– We’ll paint on small surfaces so that we can complete two paintings during the workshop. One of the first day, and the other on the second day.
– I’ll demonstrate briefly to start us off, showing you my process for developing the painting. Then you all can begin working on your paintings and I’ll be able to go around (on the video conference) and review everyone’s work, answer questions, make suggestions, and generally assist on a step by step basis throughout the workshop. At the end of each day we’ll each present our work for a collective critique.
– We’ll focus on both the color and the value in these paintings.
– You can join the workshop on your laptop, desktop or iPad. A link to connect you to the workshop on Zoom will be sent a few days prior to the workshop.
– A materials list will be sent to you as soon as you register to make sure you have time to buy any needed supplies online prior to the workshop.
– The cost of the workshop is $80 for the two days. This amount is refundable in full up to 3 days prior to the workshop; after that the registration fee is non-refundable.
REGISTRATION is a two step process.
1) Send me an email and let me know you’re planning to register so I can put your name on the list. 2) Send me your payment on either PayPal (pay to email@example.com), Venmo (pay to @Bruce-Katz-9) or by check. I’ll send you my address if you need it. Once I receive your payment you’ll be registered and I will send you a materials list.